Monday, March 14, 2011

Sore Knee

After the lovely weekend we had the beach, weekend before the one just gone, last Wednesday as I was running to the train through the Royal Arcade in Melbourne City, I slipped and went flying as it had been raining.  I have run through there over 100 times but last Wednesday I should not have done so.  I have hurt my knee very badly and have only just started to "hobble-walk" again today.  I am still hoping I haven't broken it. 

Here is the exact location where as I was running around the bend, I slipped, I flew and landed!
.

Even though it is precarious when wet, it is a beautiful arcade and has a great history. 

Here is a picture of the arcade in 1854.


Here is the Royal Arcade in the 1960s.

Here is the Royal Arcade today.  It is so rich and interesting in every shop. 

I wonder how many people these statues have seen slip over in this arcade over time? 







No comments:

Post a Comment