Saturday, March 19, 2011

More Princesses! Little Girls and Princess Theories.

When I was a little girl, I truly believed that I would one day become a princess!  I really did believe it.  I didn't think it would be that difficult an objective to achieve.  Just keep hair long, be as beautiful as you could be, go to lots of balls and dances, smile alot and voila, it was sure to happen!  I used to tell this to my mother and she always smiled and agreed that I could definitely one day become a princess.  I was very pleased about this.

I told my grandmother about my aspirations one day and she smiled her knowing smile and said, that I could just marry a doctor, that would be a lot more realistic and just as good.  I said I did not want to marry a doctor, just a prince. 

I did marry my prince in the end, however, there is no formal title for him at this stage! 

Here are some more princesses below.

                                                      Princess Madeleine of Sweden.


                                                            Princess Haya of Jordan.

Letizia, Princess of Spain.



Princess Gabriella Marina Alexandra Ophelia Windsor, the only daughter of Prince Michael of Kent, a grandson of George V and Queen Mary, and Princess Michael of Kent.

Princess Märtha Louise of Norway.


Princess Sirivannavari Nariratana of Thailand.


Princess Marina, Duchess of Kent.

Princess Alexandria


Princess Anne.
This is one of my favourite photographs of Princess Margaret, the Queen's sister. 

Princess Diana.
Princess Diana.

Princess Beatrice

Princess Eugenie

I think that Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie aren't confident in their roles and I think it shows on their faces.  Their mother's life must weigh on them and it must be alot for these young women in the world focus to carry on their very young shoulders.  I wish them all the best, I hope they can make their lives better than their mother did.


Princess Olga (left), Elisabeth, Countess Toerring and Princess Marina, Duchess of Kent.

Princess Elizabeth, daughter of King Henry VIII who became Queen Elizabeth I.

I am named after one of these princesses, which is probably part of the reason I always thought I might become one!  I am now off to enjoy the rest of Sunday.  I hope you all have a nice week.

No comments:

Post a Comment